Two!

Happy Birthday, GG BOY!



Today you turn two.

You are full of spirit! Always laughing, climbing, jumping, running, and smiling (although today you seem a little off).  Over the past two years you have filled our lives with so much fun, excitement, and joy; being your Mom is a continuos adventure full of learning and, at times, a good dose of patience  ;)

As you've been able to tell, I have been pretty tired this past week.  Your baby brother was due a week ago today, and while I was really hoping he would come last weekend, we are now passing your birthday and he still hasn't arrived.

But I do like the fact that we will be able to celebrate your birthday first each year. 

Even though there is a new little one joining our family soon, I don't want you to ever feel like you aren't #1 in my world.  I love you so much, and I know from having you when Sissy was 2, that my love for you will not change.

(Not. One. Bit!)

You are an amazing boy and I can't wait to see you as a big brother!

Here are your new news:
  • You love jumping and have quickly adopted Tigger as a new nickname "The wonderful thing about GG, is GG's a wonderful guy..."
  • You and Sissy have a hard time sharing at home, but you're thick as thieves when others are around (I love this about you guys!)
  • Bottles are still #1 in your world and the only way you will drink milk
  • You've been waking up WAY too early lately.  5-5:30 am  :/
  • You understand everything we say, but still only speak in single syllables
  • You've become borderline obsessed with trains, and Thomas is your favorite train character
  • You are still breaking some of your front teeth and have been pretty irritable over it the past month or so
  • The bounce house has been a summer favorite!  You and Sissy love turning the power on and off on each other  :)
Tonight we went to Torrero's to celebrate your big day with Grandma, Grandpa, Mamie, Papa, Uncle Victor,  Catherine, Lucy, Oscar, and Charlie.  As I mentioned, you've been in a bit of a funk today, but being with everyone tonight seemed to cheer you up!  You also really loved having Happy Birthday sung to you by everyone; I'll never forget how you looked up at me so happy as everyone around you was singing and smiling.  You really are such a treasure, and I love you more and more each day.

En route with your choo-choo balloon





Happiest of birthday, sweet boy.

***

And just for fun, here's a look back on the last two years!












1 year! (and your birthday party)












Well, my heart just exploded going through those months and looking back at all the memories of you.  Is there any greater gift in the world than being a Mommy?!  I don't think so.

I love you forever, my little Chicken Nugget, Prince of Thieves, GG Boy, Joe, G!



Comments

Popular Posts