19 months

Hi My Love!



This has been quite the month.  Nothing particularly groundbreaking has happened, but you've been very busy keeping us on our toes.

You constantly need to be doing something (or watching Curious George, or holding a remote, or drinking milk, or eating dried strawberries, or, or, or...) and while Dad and I would pay millions for a George Chill Pill, we are so in love with you.

Somehow, despite your activity and drama level, you steal our hearts and leave them aching for more (it's that amazing smile, those kissable ears, and big blue eyes.  I'm sure of it!)

You have this adorable new habit of looking down with a sad puppy face (all cheeks and lashes) when I get mad at you which makes discipline incredibly difficult.

9 times out of 10 it ends like this:

"(laughing) oh Joe!  I'm so sorry I yelled at you"  (a million kisses and hugs ensue until you're wrapped in a fit of giggles).

You sure know how to work your crowd  :)

Here are some new news this month:

  • You are days away from breaking both top lateral incisors
  • You've started waking up at 5:30am, so we turn off the monitor, go back to bed, and get you at 7am.  5:30 doesn't fly in this house, but books keep you company.
  • This has resulted in an earlier nap (11am) which most times is hard to accommodate
  • You spend at least an hour a day in my car, sitting in the front seat and playing with all the buttons.  It's by far your favorite thing to do.  So I go inside, get things done, and come check on you every 5-10 minutes  :)
  • Tons of words: (bah) bottle, (muh) milk, (jew) juice, bubble, (cah) car, (tuk) truck, (rawr) dinosaur, (nana) banana, duck, (da) dog, (Da) Dad, (Ma) Mom... to name a few
  • You understand up, down, on, off, in, out
  • You started taking off dirty diapers and playing with them when you wake up from nap.  I've started going in to get you right away ;)
  • Most adorably, you finger dance just like your Daddy used to



Wow!  It's like a picture 4 years in the making!

You're the cutest and I love you to pieces, baby boy.

Happy 19 months

***

UPDATE: I stole away for a few minutes to publish this and as I was about to press send, something seemed off downstairs (aka, it was too quiet with both you and Sissy at play).  So I ran downstairs and there you were in the living room, diaper off with your hands behind your back, leaning back just a bit and peeing all over the carpet!  When I saw you, you looked up with a huge smile and started laughing....

I am SO not ready to potty train you yet.  (please, please, please, don't make me)



Comments

Popular Posts