22 months

Hi Georgo!

This morning we went to the gym (something I had fallen out of habit with around Easter). This was our third day in a row and while you were still unhappy to see me go, I came back to find you playing with the other kids and enjoying yourself.  It was just so cute!

I have thought about putting you in school this Fall to begin cultivating more independence, and more importantly, having something to call your own (your own school, your own friends) but I've decided to wait until you've adjusted to Baby Brother being around.  I know the transition will be hard, but with Abigail at school most days, it'll be you and me on this new journey and I just know we're going to have a great time!

Speaking of the baby, we haven't really talked to you about him yet.  With Abigail at the same age when I was pregnant with you, we talked about you non-stop, but as a third time around Mom, it seems a little silly explaining these things to a not-yet-two-year old.

I hope that doesn't backfire  :)

You are however becoming more communicative each day, and while you're not talking a ton (yesterday I did a mental inventory and got about 15 words) you sure do understand and respond to everything we say!  Your words are pretty cute too; all single syllable little commands.  Every word has a grunt or exclamation that comes along with it.  Much like an over-emotional caveman  :)



Here are some new news this month:

  • You prefer having me put you to bed.  If this sticks, I'll be two for two in the put-kids-to-bed department :/
  • You're moving on from Curious George.  Most mornings Dad can turn on Sprout TV and you don't freak out.  We all thank you for this transition  :)
  • I think Elmo is the up and coming fav!  Books, stickers, and pictures with Elmo on them have you so excited.
  • Dad's ukelele is a new fav
  • You love red meat (such a boy!) and can consume embarrassing amounts of fruit!
  • You're scared of the dark, so we put a nightlight in your room which keeps you happy through the night
  • You can walk barefoot anywhere.  Up and down the lane at Gma and Gpa's, on gravel, hot pavement...  you've got hippie feet!
  • All this hot weather has steered you away from your coat obsession.  Also, removing them from the coat rack has helped  :)
  • You love playing in the sprinklers and water play has been your favorite these past few weeks (so has mud, dirt, and really, any outdoor mess!)
  • You love dropping Sissy off at school each morning and run up and down the halls laughing with delight
  • I bought you a potty and have begun the initial stages of potty training (also known as buy-a-potty-then-put-it-off stage).  You have gone in it a few times, but for the most part you enjoy sitting on it while I go to the bathroom.
  • It's impossible to keep a diaper on you without shorts or pants over it.  Hence the above :)

In just two months you'll be TWO!  

You are growing up sooo fast and Dad and I are incredibly proud of the smart, funny boy you are.

I love you.  







Comments

Popular Posts