7 Months

Happy (belated) seven months, Buddy!


I know I'm a few days late, but life has been crazy.  (I'm pretty sure this has been my excuse for the past 2 months and will continue for at least the next 2).  This past month we took you on your first trip to Alderbrook, moved out of the house and closed, got a crazy stomach flu (which thankfully skipped you and Abigail) and most recently spent the holiday weekend at Mamie and Papa's celebrating your first Easter.

So yes, I'll play the busy card :)

This month has been full of huge strides forward, and a few strides back (I'm referring to sleep....I'm always referring to sleep!)  

While I love how active you are, you are not a cuddly baby and that has taken some getting used to.  In order to get my cuddle time with you, I often let you nap on my chest or hold you longer than needed to fall asleep.  I need baby cuddles; they keep me sane.

Here are some fun facts this month:
  • You are crawling everywhere and getting into everything.  Sucking on shoes and pulling on electric cords are your favorite activites (of course).
  • You started crawling down stairs.  You often fall, but you always get up and try again
  • You've begun pulling up.  I came into the family room the other day and you had pulled yourself up to the windowsill to look outside
  • Finger food is your favorite: bread, yogurt dots, pancakes, and bagels
  • Your babbles are turning into early (unintended) words: Mama and Dada melt our hearts
  • You love riding in the stroller, looking out at the world around you
  • Your 9 month sleepers are getting tight, your hands are the same size as Abigail's, and your feet are quickly catching up...stop already!
  • certain words crack you up: plunk, bing, and bong to name a few  :)


We are so amazed by you, George.  The happiness you find in everyday life is contagious.

I love you, baby boy.


Comments

Popular Posts