16 months

Happy Birthday, baby boy.


I swear you've been 16 months for a while now; this age seems to be your "forever 21" (yet it's only just begun!) 

The month was full of excitement and you seemed to mature so much.

You understand about 90% of what I say to you now, which has made my life a lot easier:

"George, go get your shoes."

"where is your coat?"

"will you get me a diaper?"


  It's very much working in my favor  :)


Lots of new stuff going on this month:

  • When I tell you it's time to go, you eagerly find your shoes and coat.  And if Sissy is dragging herself around (as 3 year olds stubbornly do!), you happily get her shoes and coat too.  Team work, mah man!
  • You're into everything: opening or climbing the oven (seriously.), turning on the TV through the cable box when I hide the remote, opening the dishwasher and taking dishes out, or trying to open doors (thank God for knobs!)...  reliving this through the written word exhausts me all over again!
  • You're now taking one nap a day, typically from noonish-3.
  • You love sucking the juice out of oranges, but yesterday you finally started eating the whole thing.  Yay fiber!
  • Me: "GG, what does a bee say?"   You: "pfffffffffff" (farting sound)  :)
  • You think feeding Millie your breakfast / lunch / dinner is hilarious.  Sissy and I both yell at you, but you just look up and smile.   Poor Millie is already starting to look a bit more plump!
  • "Duce Due" = Curious George.  Don't ask, but I guarantee it sounds eerily correct (you have to hear it to believe it!)
  • You're wickedly good at finding Abigail in her I Spy picture book.  It's freaky!
  • You insist on reading a book while having your diaper changed.  It's like an old man restroom tendency, already surfacing  :)
  • You've turned into quite the Daddy's Boy, clinging to him each night when he comes home.

You have such a zest for learning and love, George!  

It's an honor to spend my days with you, exploring this big, amazing world by your side.

I love you.





Comments

Popular Posts