8 Months

Hi GG!


These months are flying by, and it's hard to believe you're closer to being a one year old than a newborn.

We met up for a playdate with an old friend of mine yesterday.  Our play time fell during your morning nap, so I rocked you to sleep in my arms then placed you on our blanket in the shade.  Watching you lay there fast asleep reminded me that while you're growing up so fast, you really are still a wee-one.


Active as always, you enjoy the freedom mobility buys.  You love exploring around the house, pulling up to Abigail's booster to snack off her tray, or standing at the water table and splashing away.  But being active comes with a price; you have lots of bumps and bruises to show for all your hard work  :)

Sleep continues to be a rough patch (waking at 5:30am each day), but you're starting to take two solid 1.5-2 hour naps a day, so it's a step in the right direction.

Here are some fun facts this month:
  • You're breaking your first 4 teeth right now (not a typo!).  Your top left is coming first, followed closely by the bottom two and your top right
  • You are very aware of when I'm around and hate when I leave the room. You're a Momma's boy, and I love it  :)
  • Playing peek-a-boo in the dinning room mirror cracks you up
  • You enjoy shutting doors then standing up behind them. Opening a door without you falling has become an art form.
  • You love self feeding: baby cookies, bananas, potato salad, dried fruit, and steamed veggies are the favs.  Your also enjoy taking bites of our food (especially my sandwiches when I'm eating with one hand and holding you with the other)
  • You're amazed by the ceiling fan and large stuffed Marlin in the kitchen.
  • The walker and activity table are your current favorite toys
  • You hate the car seat and stroller.  Anything that restricts movement is a no-go in GG's world.
This month we've got Auntie Carolyn coming to town and Dad and I are going on our first kid-free weekend away since you were born.  I can't wait (!), but I'll miss you like crazy.

I love you, Baby Boy.


Comments

Popular Posts