23 months

GG Boy!  You're almost two- this is really happening!!


Last month we went to your cousin Oskar's birthday party and The Bubbleman was there.  We used to see him all the time when we lived in Seattle, but it had been awhile and was your first time seeing his bubbles in action.  To say you loved it is an extreme understatement, so it seemed only natural to have him come to your party next month.  

I can't wait to see your reaction!

Lots has been going on this month and you and I have been busy during the week going to the gym, running errands, and playing outside.  You sure weren't a fan of the gym when we started going back last month, but you seem to really like it now, which is great.  It gives me time to fit a bit of exercise into my day and gives you time to play with new toys and kids.

Baby will be here before we know it, so I've started throwing it into conversation with you.  The other day I mentioned that there is a baby in my tummy, and after giving it a split second of thought, you threw out your hand, furrowed your eyebrows in the adorable way that you do, looked away, and replied with a very strong "Nah!"

I think some initial supervision will be required between you and baby brother  ;)

Here are your new news this month:

  • You seem to be on some sort of hunger strike and mainly drink milk all day (out of bottles, none the less!) something to work on...
  • You're a sucker for cell phones and love playing the Elmo's Calling app on my phone
  • You love your probiotic and request it about 7 times a day (dosing is one per day, sometimes I'll give you 2 or 3) 
  • It really pisses you off when we imitate you.  Using your excited "De-Yeaaaah!" (GG for Yeah!) really makes you grumpy.
  • You've started pushing a bit (mainly sissy, sometimes me) so we're working on being more kind and gentle  ;)
  • You're walking up and down stairs independently without holding on
  • You love to dance and clap to the music
  • You think blowing raspberries is hilarious!
  • You wear a size 9 shoe now!!
  • Mainly wearing 24 month to 3T clothes (3T is only for t-shirts)
  • You sleep from 6:30 (sometimes 7pm) until about 6:30am each night
  • Nap from 11:30-3pm
  • You love trains, cars, and Sissy's trike

While I know you will be great with your little brother, I know that you're sensing a change and it's been bothering you.  You've been more emotional than usual (is that possible?!) and really clingy towards me.  I actually love the clingy part (because you never were much of a cuddly baby), but to give you the extra time I know you're craving, I take the time each night to rock you to sleep, singing Twinkle Twinkle and Ba Ba Black Sleep till I hear you begin to softly snore to sleep.

You are such an amazing little man.  Every day I look at you and am overwhelmed by the love and pride I feel being your Mom.

You are incredible, and I love you so dearly.



Happy 23 months, baby boy.



Comments

Popular Posts