five months

Happy #5, Benny Boy!

You have grown up so much this past month, and in the sweetest ways possible.  You adore a good tickle or friendly face and can't seem to soak in the world around you enough; every time I look at you, your eyes are quickly scanning the room, working hard to put all the pieces together.

A smart little guy, you are  :)

This month I moved you to the nursery.  It was becoming increasingly difficult to put Abigail and George to bed at night, but putting them together in a room has made bedtime simple - they love being together.  As such, you now have your own room!  It's so sweet being back in a nursery with a little one.  Since George was in our bedroom until he was 5 months, then living at Gma and Gpa's for another 6 months, he wasn't in his own room until his first birthday.  So, in many ways, having you in a nursery reminds me so much of my first time around the Motherhood block, and many nights it fills me with such joy just nursing and rocking you in this cozy little space made especially for you.

Yep, hormones are still running strong here  ;)

Here's what new this month!

  • You enjoy playing in the excersauser, turning around and around to look at all the toys
  • Rolling is big right now!  You're not crawling, but between these moves and the kicks on your back, you're moving all around the floor.
  • You're increasingly interested in what we're eating or drinking, but I'm waiting to start solids.  (to keep you a baby just a bit longer!)
  • Typically napping 3 times a day for anywhere between 30 minutes to 2/3 hours
  • Bedtime is 6-6:30pm.  Currently you're waking again at 11pm then 4am, but this changes weekly  ;)  You usually wake between 6-7am

You have grown up so much this past month and I know this next month will bring even more exciting milestones and changes!

I think I'm ready...  ;)

I love you so much, Benny.




5 month old Abigail 

5 month old George 

Comments

Popular Posts