18 months

Abigail, you're half way to two!

You weren't in much of a celebratory mood today, but we made the best of it by going to Dick's for milkshakes (you had your very own and devoured it!), then came home and watched cartoons.  

The milkshake helped turn your mood around; don't they always?!


Here are some things we're loving this month:

  • You started walking full time today!  You still crawl if you need to get somewhere quickly, but for the most part you're a full-time (Frankenstein-style) walker!
  • "Gaga"- that's what you call your belly button.  I remind you that it's a "belly button", but you look back at me with a patient pause and quickly correct me: "Gaga".   Okay, fine.  Gaga it is.
    • I purposefully put you in onsies so you don't mess with your belly button 24/7.  Half of the time it's bright red from your little fingers messing with it all day.
    • And watch out world! Abigail's been conducting "Gaga" research, so be prepared to have your shirt lifted and belly button examined at any given time...
  • You understand most questions.  At times this is fun, and at other times it proves difficult when there really isn't an option.  Your typical reply to anything I ask is a quick shake of your head "no".  
  • Commands have been entertaining: 
    • "Abigail, touch your nose" (you touch your temple with a huge smile on your face)
    • "Abigail, stick out your tongue" (80% of the time you reach over to touch our tongue)
    • "Abigail, make a crazy face" (you scrunch up your face and say "Azazazazaza!")
    • "Abigail, touch the top of your head" (this is the only one you take seriously.  You actually do it)
    • "Abigail, say Dada" (you do it when I'm not around, but if I'm there, you bashfully turn to me, smile, and stay silent- smart girl)  :)
  • You enjoy cooking.  Mamie and Papa got you a kitchen for Christmas.  You play with it for hours; stirring, cooking, turning the knobs, and loading the oven.  Dad let you cook for real this week (sitting on the counter mixing water, parsley, and pepper) and you loved it!





You at....





Happy day, baby girl.


Comments

mamie said…
Abigail,
You are such a delight to us! Oh my gosh, how I love to spend time with you. Your quiet and gentle spirit, your amazing smile and your tiny little elvish ways endear me to you so much! I look forward to every stage and new thing you will accomplish. I miss you so much and was so bummed I didn't get to give you a kiss before I left, but be assured i will have a little souvenir from my trip for you!

Love you more than you could ever know,

Mamie

Popular Posts