Two and a Half

Alright, little man - it's your turn!




This adorable, funny baby turned two and a half this past weekend.

Ben got the gist of half birthdays the day before, so I'm not sure he was shocked to wake up the morning of his half birthday to a room full of groupies (us) singing him "Happy Half Birthday" at the top of our lungs.

In true Ben fashion, he was not thrilled with the bombardment and promptly asked us to stop - "No!  Get out! Shut up!" were, I believe, his exact words  ðŸ™ˆ 

His very forward, assertive personality endears me to him endlessly - I love having someone on my aggressive personality team - and he's constantly saying hilariously mean things, like just today:

(in a general parenting / learning moment)

Me: "Ben, that's not appropriate" 
B: "No, Mama - YOU not ah-poh-pee-at!!"

Then there was the other day when I was telling him how he could not take two lollipops from the basket at the gym (only one).  I felt I was really driving my point home until he looked at me suddenly with total determination:

"No. I have two.  Just stop talking!!"

Or here's one more: the fact that he says "me-me-boo-boo" when trying to make someone mad 😂

One of these days we will have to start down the slow road of learning to be nice to others (preschool in the Fall will help, I'm sure), but I would be lying to say I don't find our current season of life with Ben extremely entertaining.

Anyway, Ben Ben - here is your first ever birthday interview!

Since you're such a chatty guy I thought you would do pretty well with the questions.  You did great for your age, and will no doubt have much more to say as the years go on:



Happy Half birthday to my favorite side kick and soul mate!

I love you so much Me-wan-ah 💖

xox





Comments

Popular Posts