The Littlest Lauckner

The news is spreading quickly, so it's time to announce it officially:



I'm pregnant and due September 8th!

We found out New Years Eve morning and are beyond excited to meet our newest little one.  We will be finding out the gender soon but would be thrilled either way.

I would adore having another baby girl (I suppose that's my preference), but I think having two boys close in age would be pretty amazing, too.

And I can't wait to see what George will be like as a big brother (he adores babies!!) Some friends of ours had a baby last August, and even at 11 months old, he loved going up to her to make silly faces or rock her in her car seat as she slept.  I know people say that being a middle child is a tough gig, but I think it's pretty cool: you have a big sibling to look up to and a younger sibling who looks up to you; a perfect, and very important, sandwich position.

As for Abigail, she's really excited this time.  She constantly asks how baby is doing, will ask me to whisper if she thinks baby is sleeping, and has even offered a few name suggestions (Apple or Veronica top her list).  She's certain it's a girl and these names just so happen to belong to her friends at school.

I was really sick weeks 6-9, which isn't a long time, but it was most sick I've been with any of my pregnancies.  It was big-time blah. (I can't underline or highlight that enough!) Most days food simply didn't sound good, or if I thought about it long enough, any food would make my stomach turn.  Same went for water, ice cubes, anything...it was awful.

But now at 16 weeks I'm feeling good.  I'm still very tired (although I'm almost over that hurdle) and lucky for me, George and Abigail have the same nap schedule, so I'm able to join them most days.

I started feeling the quickening sensation around 9 weeks (I swear!) and now I'm feeling lots of little pops and flutters.  It's mainly when I've been running around for a while and finally stop to take a break.  I think Baby wants to keep moving.

The other day I was driving and Baby started kicking on my left side.  I immediately had flashbacks to my pregnancy with George (that was his favorite spot...he kicked me raw) and my heart sank.   I'm not sure I can handle another left side kicker!

I'm having such fun this time around.  Knowing that it's my last pregnancy, I'm making a conscious effort to enjoy the little things... my growing belly, crazy toddlers, sleepless nights, and all.

(okay, so maybe that's a gross exaggeration)


You are already so loved, Baby and we can't wait to meet you!  XX


**


And just for fun, here are our first two announcements:

Abigail 

George



Comments

Popular Posts