We're Pregnant!!

Yep, you read that right....pregnant and thrilled!

We are so excited to be adding to our family and delighted to finally share the news with all of you.

We went to the doctor for our second appointment on Monday and are 12 weeks, 6 days along....we'll just call it 13 weeks ;)

Baby was bouncing around during parts of the ultrasound, so that was fun to see; a little athlete! That, or as Kevin lovingly reminds me, Baby’s working off all the junk food I've been eating (one of us has to do it...)  But all joking aside, a really good appointment and a big Mommy relief.

Below is a picture of how we told our parents:


We decided to share the news early with them.

First we told Kevin's parents the Tuesday before Thanksgiving via Skype.

We emailed Amy a picture with the subject "Do not open till Skype". Got on Skype, chatted for a few minutes, then asked Amy to check her email. She clicked on it, but because the file was so large, it took forever to upload (which only increased our nerves and anticipation). But finally the picture came up and was met by a loud scream/screech (Amy!) and Kirk was wonderfully surprised as well but played it safe on our eardrums ;) It was such a fun Skype session with them, we only wish we could have recorded it!

For my parents, we told them in person on Thanksgiving morning.

I put this same picture on the inside of a blank card. On the outside I wrote "Great Parents Get Promoted..." and on the inside I wrote "To GRANDPARENTS!!" with the picture attached. For those who know my Mom, the answer is yes; she cried like a baby, but it was a very sweet and a touching moment.

We felt so blessed to have such special moments with both parents and truly gave us something to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.

Now for the details:

Pregnancy has been treating me well so far. I can't complain!  Nausea, ridiculous fatigue, and the strangest food aversions have gotten the best of me, but I'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel and hope to be back to "normal" in my second trimester... it's looking hopeful! I just remind myself that sick Mommy equals healthy Baby.

For those of you wondering, we will be finding out the sex and plan to share as soon as we know (about 20 weeks).

Picture below is Little Baby Lauckner at  9 week....head to the right, little arms and legs tucked by their side.  We will post our 13 week pictures soon.

Comments

Elle said…
Congratulations!!!! So happy for you both and can't wait to meet little baby Lauckner!

Popular Posts