The News is Out...

We're pregnant!!

12 week ultrasound

Today marks 18 weeks, 2 days and I'm feeling really good.  It was a hard going first trimester (more morning sickness than with Abigail), but I think being pregnant while watching over a toddler all day makes things totally different.

Either way, we're excited and thrilled about our growing family- Baby is due September 10th!

We told our parents back in January and both we're beyond happy, then we started telling some friends in late February / March.  It was nice to wait a bit and keep this exciting secret to ourselves!

Kevin's parents started spreading the word last month;  Amy was the first to start... ;) but my Mom really wanted us to tell my relatives in person, so we waited until Easter and I showed up looking all kinds of pregnant!

At first I wasn't a fan of the idea, but it ended up being such a fun, unique experience.

Here's a picture of my Easter bump! (we forgot to take an official picture that day)




And here are some of my favorite reactions from family and friends:

Nuna Soula:  "Oh honey, this makes me so happy! This is the best news I could get."  (on her birthday)

Steph (PEPS friend):  "I knew it! ...cause you weren't drinking last night"  (she was the first friend that knew.  I had to take a call from my OB while we were in the car; around 5 weeks- super early!)

Kristin: "AGAIN?!" (I love our candor, K)

Dr. Spector: In an ecstatic tone... "You HUSSY!"  (Dr. Spector comments tend to fall in the creepy Uncle category, cause only a guy that's known me since the day I was born, and tends to my children with such care could get away with it)

Jessi: Walks in the door, gives me the once over, stopping at my stomach and wagging her finger... "Did I know about this?!" (she found out on Easter when she saw me in a maternity shirt)

Aunt Lucy: "Oh my gosh!" (and then...) "September?!?!  When are we going to have your baby shower?!"

And of course, this pregnancy wouldn't be complete without the classic friend comment:

Anne, Erin, and Steph:  "I KNEW it!!!"

Here's a picture of our little one at 9 weeks:


Now, I know I'm bias, but isn't this the most adorable ultrasound picture ever?!  It's my favorite.  Just look at those little eyes, nose, and hands.  I'm already so in love with you, Baby.

(this ultrasound was taken on Valentine's Day, and was the kick-off to a most memorable date night)

As for the sex, we're going to wait this time (a new experience!) And as for guesses, I'm totally unsure and change my mind most every day.

On one hand I feel like it's a boy since this pregnancy has been so different from Abigail's, but on the other hand, I know every pregnancy is different regardless of gender and I'd love Abigail to have a little sister, so we'll just have to wait and see  :)

12 week ultrasound.  What do you think it is??


That's all for now!

Month of Bumps will be back soon...I know you're excited ;)





Comments

mamie said…
I would guess, but I am a terrible guesser! So thrilled that the word is out...We can't wait to meet this new little Lauckner!

Popular Posts