Benjamin's Baptism

I'm still recovering from Benjamin's big day!

We celebrated his baptism on May 15th, surrounded by our family and friends.

This time around felt especially personal since we've been attending St Joe's and were greeted by several familiar faces.



Months ago I asked Susie to be Benjamin's Godmother (and Victor to be his Godfather), so she and Godfather Pete (my Godfather) flew in from NY to celebrate with us.

The day was full of meaning, symbolism, and love, and I soaked in every moment possible, feeling these precious days slipping by all too fast.


Thankfully we took a pre-baptism picture (of course it was the best we got!)


The Rite of Reception 

Abigail was thrilled to have Danielle with her 

Dad and the soon-to-be Holy One  ;)




Sacred Chrism (which we've been smelling on Benny for almost two weeks now!)

Godfather Victor lighting the Baptismal candle














A knot Viking beanie given by the one and only Chris Opsahl  :)

Godfather Pete came with Susie to celebrate my Dad's 70th Birthday, so after the party on Sunday, my parents, Susie and Pete, and the kids and myself spent a few days in Leavenworth relaxing and celebrating my Dad.  We had a Dad & Daughter day in town, enjoyed a spaghetti dinner cooked by Grandpa Jesus (what Abigail called Godfather Pete!) and went on joyrides in the Cobra.

Our shopping, turned wine tasting afternoon in town!

Ben's wearing the sweater that Sue (senior) knit for him

Dad and Pete

Grandpa and Abigail 

I'm so thankful for a weekend full of cherished memories.

Thank you to everyone who helped us celebrate.





Comments

Popular Posts