six months

The big half year is here!

I've gotta say, having George's two and a half year post the day before this one was intense; it made me realize how crazy September will be.  And, as is always the case when my baby turns 6 months, I start thinking about your first birthday...  Ha!

Things have been great.  You are an adorably perfect mix of Abigail and George.  Active like George, and oh-so cuddly and sweet like your Sis.  I seriously can't get enough of you.  You are SUCH a sweet, easy, happy baby; you make Mothering look easy.

Last week we started solids.  I grabbed some cans from the store and we started with sweet potato.  You haven't taken much interest in purees, although you love watching us eat.  If I had to guess, I'd say you don't like being spoon fed.  I bought some rice Mum Mums too and you love those, so I think it's time for me to Goggle '6 month finger foods' and see what things you can start feeding yourself.

Sleep has been excellent these past few nights!  You had three nights in a row where you slept through from 6:30/7pm-7am.  We started a nightly bottle a few months back, and just a couple nights ago, you bumped up from 4 to 6oz, then took 8oz before bed last night.  A growth spurt is coming, and I'm sure this extra intake has helped you sleep through the night.  Yay B!



Here's what's new this month:

  • 6 month baby stats: 14lbs, 10oz (5.5%), and 27.48" (84%), you're tall and skinny just like your brother!  However, you still manage to fit in a few 3 month sleepers...
  • Sissy calls you Benny Boy (that's also what she tells people when they ask her what your name is), and GG calls you Beh Beh  :)
  • You love playing on your tummy and rolling around on the floor.  Just yesterday, I came in to find you on your tummy, propped up with your arms, watching GG play trains.  The way you, G, and Sis along is amazing; it makes me smile every day.
  • Rocking you to bed is an art form (both you and your brother had very particular rituals). Your current routine is bouncing until your eyes start closing, then transferring to a side to side rock.  The extent we go to for sleep!
  • You love chewing on toys.  Sophie, the blue elephant, and the yellow teether are your favorites
  • You enjoy standing up and love to play in your excersaucer or jump like a crazy man in the jumparoo
  • Still taking 3 naps a day: around 8:30am for an hour and a half, then every 2 hours after that.

You are such a fun baby.  Every day I do my best to soak you in; to laugh and be silly with you, cuddle and suck on faces (my fav!), breathe in your amazing baby scent, and absorb every minute of these precious, fleeting days.

You are loved beyond measure, Ben Ben.









6 month old Abigail

6 month old George 



Comments

Popular Posts