Santa!

This past weekend we went to see Santa.

Abigail is really into the stories of Santa, the elves, and The North Pole this year, so it's been a lot of fun.  She's watched Elf a few times this week (which is SO much better than The Muppet's Movie we watched 4,746 times the past few weeks, thanks to George) and she asks about Santa, his elves, and The North Pole a lot.

It's super adorable.

We haven't succumb to an elf on the shelf (and I hope I never do!) but telling her the elves are watching from the clouds and will tell Santa if she's being naughty, seems to be keeping her incredibly obedient this past week.

Yay!

I remember when I was young, if I acted up around Christmas time, my Mom would whisper sternly "Santa's watching!" and so, our "the Elves are watching" seems to be doing the trick - thanks Mom  :)

Some pictures below are from our visit to Santa on Sunday.  George was sick (he's the sickest health guy I've ever met!), but he did well considering his dire straights.

Poor guy  :(

We started by going straight to Santa (save the outfits and good moods!)  Abigail was shy but managed to tell Santa what she and George wanted, and George managed to crack a few smiles through his fever (you can see it all in those big, bright red cheeks)

After Santa, we rode the monorail to the center house to grab dinner, see the Christmas train, and watch a dance school Christmas performance.

Then back on the monorail headed home, we threw one more event in the mix (well, it was more per Abigail's insistence...) the carousel!

While the photographers were experiencing a system crash, I snapped a few of my own
(this one turning out better than the one we bought!)

Walking through town with Daddy; baby wipes / clutch purse at her side  ;)

Waiting for the monorail and so "cited!"

Train heaven




Only George manages to be pissed while eating a cookie..
(still eating said cookie)  ;)

Abigail loved the carousel, but hung on for dear life!


This week it really hit me that Christmas is almost here.  We have my Mom's family coming over on Saturday afternoon for a sit down dinner of 16, then next week we roll right into Christmas.

I can't wait!

Happy Holidays, everyone.




Comments

Popular Posts