Week One with Benny!

Wow, things have been busy but we've made it through the first week with everyone intact  :)

Benny fits so perfectly into the family and I've been on cloud 9 all week cuddling my precious little babe.

Abigail and George are adjusting really well.  George has calmed down since Ben has been here (I think the unknown was causing some anxiety) and Abigail's an old hat; enjoying every minute of playing big sister to a brand new baby.

Kevin was able to take most of the week off from work, so we've had lots of time with the kids to hang out, relax, and adjust to being a family of 5.

As for me, I find myself really taking the time to relax and enjoy these early days with my little guy.  It's been such a magical week- I can hardly express it in writing, but everything feels just right.

And while we've had some bumps in the road with sleep, the past few nights Ben's given me a few 3-5 hour stretches, so I can't complain.

Well, I could, but I won't  ;)

He is such a relaxed baby; fussing only when hungry, and either sleeping or just looking around with his big bright eyes.

He's a dream!

Moments after birth



Kevin finally got to hold him about an hour after he was born.  I was hogging him  :)

After he finally latched (about an hour in), he nursed for 3 hours straight!


George came to visit first!


Abigail was in love!








8:30pm (ish) on day 1.  One day old!

Bright eyes!

Ready to leave the hospital!




He loves the swing!

Big socks  :)



Focusing  ;)



First time holding baby brother.  Day 5  :)


My heart is full and I'm so in love.

Happy one week, baby boy.  You complete us!



Comments

Popular Posts