Month of Bumps (37-40 weeks)

Well, here we are on the evening of your due date.  I'm sitting on a birth ball as I type, swaying my hips in time with the constant contractions I've been getting for about an hour now.  I'm not really in labor yet, and I'm sure I'd be jinxing myself to call this early labor, but I can assure you, you are doing your best to make progress and join us very soon!

I went to my 40 week appointment today and you are head down again (yay, and thank you!) and I'm about 2.5-3cm dilated, so that was all good news.  I'm so excited to meet you soon and am so ready.  Like I've mentioned, I had a huge to-do list that I've pretty much completed, so I'm feeling very comfortable and settled at this point.

These bigger Braxton Hicks contractions began on our way up to Bellingham a week and a half ago and have been pretty consistent most days.  I was sure while shopping with Grandma last Monday afternoon that I was going into labor walking from Nordstrom to H&M after lunch (Grandma seemed certain too...she figured there was a high likelihood she was going to be driving me to the hospital at any moment), but alas it was all just practice and progress  :)

I do have to admit the one thing I would miss if I go into labor tonight would be those gasps I always get when people ask "so when are you due" and I get to say things like "oh, 3 days ago", or "last week".

Dad says I enjoy shock and awe, and I suppose the facial expressions on these people would qualify as such.  It's like walking around as a ticking time bomb in a really fun, exciting way!

Anyway, here is your last official Month of Bump installment:

37 weeks

38 weeks

39 weeks

40 weeks


A grand adventure awaits!   See you soon, kiddo.


***

37-40 weeks pregnant with Abigail 

37-40 weeks pregnant with George



Comments

Popular Posts