Month of Bumps (37-40 weeks)

So here we are, the day after your due date, and I'm still pregnant.  You seem to be taking after your sister, which is fine so long as this "sleeping-in" indicates you'll be as good of an Earthly sleeper as she is :)

We've had so much fun anticipating your arrival this past month!

We hired our doula, Brenda Bancroft  and have loved getting to know her.  I've been keeping active with lots of long walks, hauling toddlers, laundry, groceries, car seats, and what-not all around God's great earth, going to acupuncture each week, drinking lots of labor tea, and taking time to simply relax and enjoy these last few magical weeks.

I am so ready for you to be here (!), but I will surely miss our pregnancy.

Since you'll be sleeping downstairs, I organized three drawers for you in our room: one with girl clothes, one with boy clothes, and one with lots of cute yellow / white outfits.  Lucky for us, you have two boy cousins and Auntie Anne was generous in letting us borrow all their baby clothes.

(once you arrive, we'll be sure to fill your closet with clothes all your own!)

Over the past week my body has been giving me signs that you're on your way, and while I'm staying level headed, I think you may come earlier than your sister did.  We shall see!  Either way, I'll be happy once those little feet of yours are folded warmly into a sleeper and no longer poking out my lower left side :)

Here is our last "official" Month of Bumps: 37-40 weeks.

37 weeks
38 weeks
39 weeks
40 weeks


See you soon, Peanut!


Comments

Popular Posts