Full Term & Full of Energy!

This past Tuesday marked 37 weeks for my baby boy, and as the title says, he's full of energy!

With all this energy has come some excitement.  For one, he decided after being in a breech position and kindly going head down again at 36 weeks, he would flip back this past week.  I went in for my appointment on Tuesday, and unbeknownst to me, he was transverse.

Grrrr..

My doc has been super laid back about interventions, unnecessary testing, ultrasounds, etc, but we decided it was best to help him find his way back down.  Just in case of early labor.  So off I went to L&D that afternoon to have a version (the same thing I had with breech George).  I could hear him moving everywhere on fetal monitoring for the first 20 minutes.  When Dr. Howard arrived she decided to take a quick ultrasound peak before beginning.  Low and behold, what was once a head sticking out my left side was now a head just inches from vertex.  So instead of a full version, she was able to easily guide him down within moments.

The most painless version ever (for me), and the easiest to date (for her)

Mind you, he moved again (and again, and again, and AGAIN) for the final 20 minutes of monitoring, so where he is now, I really don't know!

My doctor has been great about it though and has full confidence in Baby's ability to move down when it's time, so I feel really good about everything.

Speaking of the approaching date and all this energy, I too have been full of vigor.  While my other pregnancies have brought energy back around 16 weeks, this one took until about 36-37 weeks, but all of the sudden I'm alert, full of life, and ready to kick some nesting butt!

(Yes, it's only been a few days, but I'm hoping it brings me through to the finish line) 

Yesterday morning I decided to try a little coffee again while at the same time pulling out bins and organizing.  This was all going on while Kevin was leaving for work, and I happily looked over at him to begin a conversation that went something like this:

Me: "Look!!  I'm totally nesting!  This baby must be coming soon!"

Kev: "No.  You're drinking coffee."

Ever the supportive cheerleader, I tell you.

But I do feel the winds of change approaching, and while I don't expect an early baby (2 weeks late with Abigail, 5 days late with George), my body and mind seem to be giving me early signs.

Speaking of early signs, yesterday also brought lots of irregular contractions; so strong in the morning that I wasn't sure I wanted Kevin to leave.  But after a few minutes things settled down and for the rest of the day it was very intermittent.

But I'm SO ready!

I have complied The Grand To-Do List (which I'm lovingly obsessed over) and I'm having lots of fun checking things off, knowing each step is bringing us closer to Baby.  I have a tradition of buying a new soap and travel size shampoo and conditioner that I've never tried before to bring to the hospital.  I buy these in the weeks ahead and wait to use them until after delivery.  The postpardum shower is my favorite and having these new items are icing on the cake.

It's the little things!

We are ready when you are, Baby.




XXXO




Comments

Popular Posts