Month of Bumps (33-36 weeks)

Alright Little One, we need to talk!

Things have been going great.  You've been treating me well, getting good grades at your doctor appointments, and being a fun, easy pregnancy, but we had a hiccup on Monday that we need to discuss.

You flipped breech.

Not cool.

While driving home late Saturday night I felt a huge movement (this was big enough for me to start Googling "early labor signs"), and come Monday morning, Dr. Koala thought you may have flipped.  Low and behold she got the ultrasound out to confirm, and it was true; you're full breech.

I can't say I'm surprised (I'm really not exaggerating when I say you move all the time!) but I'm hoping you flip back before our next appointment this coming Monday.  I think you may have turned back as I was driving out of the parking lot after our appointment, but I can't tell for sure.  I can however confirm that you've moved around about 110 times since the appointment, so who's to say.

A few weeks ago I got one of those weekly emails that said something like, "by this point, your baby is getting settled in and not moving around much".  That isn't you; you've actually become most active in the past 3 weeks, and unlike my pregnancy with your sister, I never have to count your kicks, so I suppose that's the silver lining :)

Anyway, we have a version set up for Monday afternoon if you don't flip before then (it's best done between 36 to 37 weeks), but in the meantime, I will do all the silly things Google recommends: ice packs on my belly, handstands, and maybe the ol' flashlight technique, in hopes that you flip back on your own.

Here are your monthly pics!

Only one month to go (as of today)... and maybe a few overdue weeks in there too  :)

Love you lots.

33 weeks
34 weeks
35 weeks
36 weeks
Side note:

Abigail usually sits on the couch laughing as I dictate the angle of the weekly picture.  She's in stitches as I upset myself over silly things:

"bring the camera up a bit!"  
"That angle is going to make me look fat! 
"Kev, I wasn't even looking!"

She was also very insistent about being in the 34 week picture  :)



See you soon, Little One.  We are so excited for your arrival!


Comments

Popular Posts