Four Real

Happy Birthday, Abigail!!




We had so much fun celebrating this year!

Sunday was your party, then yesterday you celebrated at school with a birthday circle and cupcakes, followed by a pizza party and Sundaes with Gma, Uncle Victor, Catherine, and Archie last night.



Earlier this week the idea of you turning four seemed so strange to me, but it was like I woke up this morning (the day after your birthday) and thought, "Yep, she's four.  Of course she's four!"  There was something strangely unspoken about yesterday which seemed to solidify it all.

You are four, for real!

Strange how that works  :)

You make us so proud every day and to look back on this last year and reflect upon your growth practically makes Dad and my head spin!  You really are maturing, growing, and becoming more independent every day.

Here are some of your most recent updates and favorite things:

  • You love going to school and when asked what you did that day, you sigh and casually respond, "oh, I just did work" 
  • When referring to something in the past you say yesterday or last week, and when referring to something in the future, it's typically Friday.
    • You informed me earlier this week that baby brother is coming this Friday! 
  • Speaking of brothers, you love to help George, hold his hand when walking in public, and at times, scold him when you think he could use some discipline :)
  • Mac and cheese is still your favorite food, Grandpa is your best friend, green is your favorite color, and you love all things baby and animal.
  • (You do not, however, like snakes!) 
  • You're good at drawing people, fast at counting and subtracting, and love to play board games (Zingo is the current favorite)
  • Tinkerbell is your favorite movie, but just like me, you have a soft spot for Julie Andrews flicks (particularly Sound of Music and Mary Poppins) and you could listen to those soundtracks on repeat forever 
  • You love watching Peppa the Pig on my computer.
  • You don't like sleeping in pajamas, or as you remind me each night "I just want to sleep with my tummy"
  • Not everything you say is super clear yet, but lately when I ask you to repeat yourself it's met with a deep sigh, then a repeat of what you said.  Sassy  :)
  • You hate getting your hair washed but are beginning to let me put your hair half up, in ponytails, and even french braids.
  • Every night I tuck you in and we exchange, "I love you, Best Friend" before drifting off to sleep.  It's the highlight of my day.



Abigail, we love you so much and are so proud of you!  Like I said before, you have grown so much this past year and charm us each day with your quick wit, sense of humor, and most of all, sweet, genuine heart.

A happiest of Birthdays to you, Bitsy Girl.

I love you!

Mom




Comments

Popular Posts