A Very Merry (half!) Birthday

to YOOOOOOU!



A very merry (half) birthday, to you, to-you, to you, to-you, a very merry (half) birthday to you, to-you, to you, to-you. Now blow your candles out my dear and make your wish come true.... A VERY MERRY HALF BIRTHDAY TO YOOOOOOOOOOU! 

We sang that song all day!

Tonight we celebrated with pizza at Round Table.  You and George loved playing video games, and we learned that, apparently, you know what to do with a gun.  There was a hunting video game with two plastic guns (think old school 80's arcade) and you picked up the gun, pointed it at the screen, saying "pew, pew, pew!"

Dear lord.

Anyway, we had a blast!  We intended to go out for frozen yogurt afterwards, but both you and George were pooped.

You have changed so much these past 6 months.  So much that it's hard to believe it was only 6 months ago we were at the park celebrating this little girl.

Here are some of the fun things going on right now:

  • You love to "eat" water.  
  • When you don't know the answer to something you say, "I can't know!"
  • At 3 foot-even, stools abound in our house
  • You yell "Mama, GO!" when we're at a red light or stopped in traffic.  I feel your pain.  I really do.
  • You happily yell, "Tink you, Mama!!" when I turn on a song you've requested.
  • I'll be talking to you and after I'm done, you pause and say, "okay, my turn!" eager to tell me something.  Where ever do you get that :)
  • Same goes for naps.  I'll say "Abigail, it's time to go to bed now" and you'll reply, "no, I wanna talk!" 
  • You love singing Jingle Bells.  There are no post-holiday restrictions in this house!
  • Your best friends: Veronica, Apple, and Abby
  • You love counting!
  • Whenever you want me to do something with you, you say "You and me, Mama?"  How can I say no to such sweetness?
  • Teacher Cindi says you've become quite the social butterfly at school  :)
  • When you get really mad, you point at us, make a weird shooting noise, and say "I TOO mad!"  I hope this gun phase passes quickly.
  • Most evenings, between midnight and 6am, you come padding into our room to snuggle in "Mama's big bed"
  • When you want someone to move, you use the "beep beep" directive.  It makes us laugh every time :)
  • You love birthday parties, drawing, playing people, walking Dolly in her stroller, playing chase with GG, and eating cake.
  • You call your favorite movies by their song titles.  Frozen = Let It Go,  The Little Mermaid = Under the Sea
  • You insist on privacy when going to the bathroom.  Even when Millie sneaks in I'll here you yell, "Pie-cy, kitty!"
  • You spent the entire months of September and October rolling everything like a Montessori mat.  
  • You think it's fun to pee outside (a bathroom emergency at the park started an odd obsession...)
  • You love walking to the park and going to the pond to feed the ducks.
  • You made your first unauthorized app purchase last month ($50) and I still don't think Dad has called to reverse it...  Let's just say you have lots of characters on your Strawberry Shortcake game.
  • We have to use your dentist's middle eastern accent to get you to brush your teeth each night "oh-pen bee-g Abigail....vary gooood" (okay, so spelling accents isn't my strong suit)
  • Gma and Gpa got you soccer lessons for Christmas.  You love going to practice on Saturdays to "kick the ball", wear your jersey, and eat popcorn post workout  :)

You are talking so much more, beginning to cultivate friendships, and have such a keen sense of other people's feeling.  You are the sweetest, most caring little girl I know, and I'm honored to be your Mom.  

A very merry half birthday to you, Bitsy Girl.

XX








Comments

Popular Posts