"I frwee!"

Happy Birthday, Bitsy Girl!

We have been celebrating your birthday since Saturday; lots of singing, party hats, and fun, but today marks your actual birthday. I can hardly believe we've been on this journey for three years already!

You have grown so much in these past few months.  "Mama, I do", "No, no, my turn", and "I help" are your mottos.  You are cultivating your independence, and while I relish watching you grow into the little girl you are becoming, every so often I get a glimpse of the baby you are fighting so hard to no longer be.

As I rock you to bed, help you down the stairs, or wipe big, brave tears from your sweet little face, I cherish the moments knowing they are numbered.

We are in transition.  This is the part of the story where you begin paving your own path, and I sit back and learn to watch. 

Lord, help me be a good watcher.

***

This morning Dad and I brought cupcakes to school for you and your friends.  You were so proud to have us there, and so happy to be eating sugar yet again  :)  It was delightful watching as you sang along to your Happy Birthday serenade, but blushed as you realized everyone was singing to you, then humbly smiled as everyone clapped at the end.

You have the most kind, gentle spirit.

As we bid adieu to two, here are some fun facts from the past 12 months (surely I will forget more than a few!)
  • Favorite food: grapes
  • Favorite movie: Frozen
  • Favorite books: Curious George goes to school, Sophie's big bed, and the jungle pop-up book
  • You're obsessed with choo-choo's and Playmobil people
  • You love going to school and talk about playing outside, Teacher Holly, and lunch time constantly
  • Your shoe size is a 5 1/2 (tiny as always ), clothing a 2-3T (finally catching up!) but you still easily fit into your 18 month footed PJs- what gives?!
  • You would wear your Lauckner Grand Slam t-shirt every day if I let you
  • You are a great helper and love keeping George company, helping me cook, and insistent on unlocking the door each time we come home
  • The sight of a poopy diaper makes you gag (watery eyes and all)  :)
  • You love calling Dad on the phone.  Like EVERY day.
  • Bedtime is becoming an hour long fiasco, so unfortunately I think nixing nap is in our near future (huge frown face!)
  • We're working on sharing... "GG no no!" "GG stop" or "No! Mine GG" are pretty regular sayings around here.  If "GG Stop!" isn't the first phrase George ever speaks, I will be shocked  :)
  • You started potty training this week and are doing great!

I am so happy that I get to spend my day celebrating you, Abigail.  I am proud of the beautiful girl you are becoming, and honored to be the one you call Mom.

I love you with all my heart.

Happy Birthday, baby girl.  You're three!




Comments

Popular Posts