Happy Birthday to Kevin

We spent the weekend in Leavenworth celebrating Kirk and Kevin's birthdays with my parents, Mamie, Papa, Victor, and Catherine.  Things get busy with three immediately family birthdays and one Grandparent birthday within 11 days, but it's also so much fun!


The weekend kicked off at Munchen Haus for Papa's birthday dinner of pitchers and Big Bob brats where the food filled our stomachs, while the live band filled the warm summer air.

It was a relaxing weekend sprinkled with a BBQ, some nice morning walks, and a mini-hike along the Tumwater.  Kevin's only request was to sleep in and play nine holes of golf Sunday morning.

(I only fulfilled the latter request... :/ )

Abigail loves telling people she's three, so this weekend we tried explaining to her that Daddy's now 33:

"So you know how you're three?  Well this weekend is Dada's  birthday and he's going to be three three!"

"Ooooh.  Okaaaaaay" 

I think we lost her on that one  :)

Friday night we celebrated Papa's birthday and George turning 11 months. 
Abigail found this hilarious ;)

My dancing fools!

Singing happy birthday to Kevin and Papa, with a fire extinguisher nearby ;)

Tumwater Pipeline Trail

Kevin's birthday selfie!

"hiking" with Dada



My Mom, the kids, and I are staying for the week.  It's nice to have some post-birthday season down time and start gearing up for the new house, but I have to keep reminding myself to relax (things like invitations for George's party, blogging, ordering Abigail's school uniform, and paying bills are making my mind reel).

So on that note, I'm off to enjoy some time outside, and maybe a glass (or two) of wine.

But before I go, a happiest of birthdays to my sweet, amazing husband.  If it wasn't for you, I would be at least 10 times more neurotic ;)

Have a great week, everyone!


Comments

Popular Posts