The Easter Bunny

I took the kids to Bellevue Square last week to see the Easter bunny.  This was obviously George's first year and only the second for Abigail (I purposefully didn't go last year; once I start making "traditions" of something, I tend to be militant, and the Easter bunny simply shouldn't one of them)

I got the kids all dressed up in their Easter outfits and was excited to see Abigail's reaction.

She spotted him 50 yards away and was repeatedly chanting "no Mama" with her head buried deep in my neck by the time we arrived.  She refused to get down and walk on her own (which made it difficult to get George out of the stroller) and clung to me for dear life.  But with the help of Bunny's assistant, we were able to get George seated on the Easter bunny's lap (his reaction was practically a mirror image of his sister's 2 years earlier...could care less) and through the tears and "no Mama's" I somehow managed to peel a paniced Abigail off my hip and onto the bunny's lap.

Surprisingly, once she was seated, she stopped crying immediately.  It seemed to be one of those mature "I need to focus and crying won't help" moments. 

I suppose you could call it a proud Mommy moment  :)


(what a gem!)

I promised Abigail we could go to the Disney Store afterwards (Let It Go is her new favorite song) and as luck would have it, there was a sing along playing on the big screen. 

Over, and over, and over again...



So, while the bunny experience may not have been a highlight, I think I made up for it with the lollipop, a Let It Go sing-a-long binge, and some time at the play space upstairs.

Mom for the win!



Happy Easter, Everyone.  I hope you are able enjoy time with family and loved ones this weekend.



 

Comments

Popular Posts