Halloween 2013

We had a great time at Mamie and Papa's Halloween party last night.

Anne let us borrow Lucy's Dorothy costume and my Mom spent the past few weeks making George's lion costume, so we went with an all-out OZ theme!



Minus the chaos of getting everyone ready, some cheap green makeup that turned my face bright red, and Abigail's twisted ankle, the evening was a success.

Driving over, Kevin reminded me how much harder it is doing these things with kids (he's referring to the fact that I insist on dressing up), and after wrangling four costumes together last night, I think I'm starting to agree.

Now I just have to remind my future self of this in 364 days  ;)

As I mentioned, this was Abigail's first year trick-or-treating but with a twisted ankle, she wasn't able to run around on her own, so she and Kevin went door to door.  In hindsight this probably worked better; I don't think she would walk up to strangers doors, even with us right behind.

We started with the big kids (Lucy, Oscar, the neighbor kids), then went rouge.  At her age, going door to door with 7 year olds doesn't work very well.

In the end we returned with a bag full of candy and a very happy toddler!











Eating candy around the bonfire



The walnut claws!
Working on his roar  :)


I hope everyone enjoyed a wonderful Halloween!




Comments

Popular Posts