Skip to main content

1 Month

Happy One Month, Georgie Boy!




Sunday was your 4 week birthday and today you are one month old (gah!)  When Abigail was little, the early weeks passed slowly, but with more going on in our lives today, the days with you have flown by.

And I'm fine with that.

I can't wait to see your first real smile, watch you sit up and start to crawl, attempt your first steps (with what I'm sure will be an eager cheerleader / sister by your side), and hear those first sweet words come from your lips.  One thing I've learned is just when I think "oh this is the BEST stage" it only gets better.  So bring it on!

Here are some things we're loving about you this month:

  • You are so alert and love looking at lights, watching me make silly faces, and being walked around the house.  Unfortunately you usually enjoy the latter after 10pm...
  • Night feedings have started to spread out to 3-4 hour increments (before you were eating every 2 hours).  
  • At your 2 week check-up, you weighed 7lbs, 14 oz, and exactly one week later you were 9lbs even!
  • As a result, you've already outgrown some newborn clothes
  • You love to cuddle and sleeping on Dad's chest at night is your favorite (Dad is not such a fan)  
  • You LOVE to take baths and your big baby-blues smile with delight each time.
  • You're a fan of the pacifier (thank goodness!)
  • You're not a fan of birthday hats  :)



Tonight we celebrated with dinner, balloons, hats, and a cake!






Happy, Happy Birthday Georgie.

You make Daddy, Abigail, and I so very happy.




xo,

Mom




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Wenatchee

Happy Birthday, Kevin! We spent an awesome 4 days on Lake Wenatchee this past weekend; relaxing by the lake, (attempting) to fish, playing in the water, and enjoying quality time together as a family.  Our parents joined us on Saturday afternoon to celebrate Kevin's birthday; a wonderful day full of family, food, and the great outdoors. Weekend highlights include Fish Lake on Friday (Abigail and i will not be invited back for the next fishing adventure...we may have mangled the line more than once), a trip into Leavenworth for pizza and dancing at the gazebo, a steak feast for Kevin's birthday, and relaxing by the bonfire that evening. Here are some pictures of our trip. Friday at Fish Lake "helping" Dad with his tackle While Kevin fished, Abigail and I fed Parmesan garlic pita chips to the ducks. At one point, we had a crowd of 10! Ladies of leisure on the lake  :) This sums up our fishing experience... Thursday evening f...

20 week ultrasound

Yesterday Kevin and I went to our 20 week ultrasound.  Everything looked great and the two questions still lingering in my mind were confirmed. 1) Yes, it's a boy! 2) Nope, I'm not having twins  :) I've heard it a million times: with each pregnancy you pop a little sooner, but when I was in maternity pants at 12 weeks, I thought surely there must be two in there... Here are some pictures, if you'd like to see. During George's 20 week ultrasound Kevin admitted he'd almost fallen asleep, so I will admit: I had a hard time staying awake this time  :) But we did get to see him in 4D ultrasound which we've never done before, so that was really cool. So fun! After our appointment we went to breakfast at Salish Lodge and took my first Month of Bumps picture. (cue shrills of excitement from everyone eager to see belly pics for the next 4 months!) Before taking the picture I (lovingly) assured Kevin that yes, we would be taking...

Minnie

I knew this would be a hard post to write, so I've been putting it off. On Monday morning, we said goodbye to Minnie. After months of weight loss I brought her into the vet early this week.    I had been noticing the weight loss, but it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I started to see how skinny and malnourished she was getting. The vet determined she was suffering from late-stage hyperthyroidism and her kidneys were shutting down.  It was a painful assessment; why I didn't notice it earlier and help her?  That thought still haunts me. But at 11am on Monday morning, through a mountain of tears, regret, and sorrow, I bid farewell to the most loyal friend I've ever known. Minnie,  You were the first piece to my "own" family.  I remember vividly the day I got you.  It was my 21st birthday and Rebecca and Steph came over bearing a gift (more specifically, a brown grocery bag).  I opened it and looked inside; there you were,...