The Home Stretch

Today marks 28 weeks, which means we're officially in the third trimester, and while I know there's still a whole summer of O'Douls Amber in my future, it is exciting to think that we're down to the last 12 weeks.

(soon I'll be the Mom of two little ones!)

So, as a tribute to the second trimester, here are some fun (maybe not the right word?..) highlights from the past 12 weeks:

  • Baby seems to be very aware of my sleep / wake cycles, so I'm careful not to move around too much or talk before I'm sure I want to get up.  Too much movement or talking will wake my little kicker.  
    • The same is true for hearing Abigail over the monitor.  A peep from Sister and Baby's wide awake, ready to start the day.
  • At my last appointment we could hear hiccups through the Doppler, and last week (at exactly 27 weeks), I started feeling those rhythmic motions for myself.  So far baby doesn't hiccup as frequently as Abigail did (I remember that used to drive me nuts thinking she was getting a baby headache from all those hiccups!)
  • The second trimester marked the beginning of the "getting-up-to-pee-at-least-twice-a-night-stage" Lovely, I know.
  • I had really bad lower back pain a few weeks ago.  One of the waitresses at our local Mexican restaurant assured me it's because we're having a boy (does anyone besides Anne Clayton and the random Fred Meyer lady think we're having a girl?  Anyone??) but the physical therapist assured me Mothers of boys and girls come to her with back pain.  
    • I think a lot of the discomfort was due to sitting so much on our trip to Arizona; things have gotten much better since then.  
    • Note to self: stretch more!
  • Abigail loves to lift up my shirt and cuddle the baby.  "Abigail, where's baby?" and she points to my tummy with a smile  :)
  • I'm an unofficial member of the Wednesday / Friday water aerobic club.  I am by far the youngest member but not so popular among the "cool girls"  since I dodge their constant chatter about the latest news reports, hip replacements, and Caribbean cruise buffets.
  • I sent Kevin on his first pregnancy run this trimester (the first late night run ever).  I was set on Reese's peanut butter cups which probably had little to do with my pregnancy, but I used it as my excuse  :)

The second trimester treated me well, but I'm so excited to be in the home stretch.

Before I know it we'll be spending our days changing mini diapers, our nights rocking a little one in our arms, and our lives will be filled with the joys of another "A-E" (Abanesse for Baby)

I can't wait!




Comments

Popular Posts