Round 2

(ding, ding, ding)

In case you weren't aware, August marks Birthday Month at the Lauckner's!

Abigail kicked it off last weekend with The Big One, we spent this past weekend celebrating mine (August 11th), then we'll wrap it up with Kevin's birthday on Friday (the 17th).  I should also mention, Papa's birthday is tomorrow (the 15th)...  and Auntie Carolyn's on the 28th... Tis' the Season!

We kicked off my birthday weekend with Summer Streets.  Each year "Phinneywood" (the hybrid neighborhoods of Phinney Ridge and Greenwood) get together for a summer art festival; Greenwood Ave. shuts down, and neighbors come out and play.

It was a perfect evening spent strolling the streets and reminding ourselves that maybe we do love our neighborhood after all  ;)






Saturday morning Abigail woke up eager to start celebrating (read: 6am. Happy Birthday to me...)  So we headed out for an early breakfast at our favorite spot (Roxy's) then over to Magnolia for Abigail's first swim lesson at Monger Pool.



I can already tell I'm going to love summer swim lessons for a few reasons:

1) Kevin goes in with her (which means I get to stay dry)

2) It's outside- can't beat that!

and

3) we switched our class to 2:30pm, so Abigail and Henry will be taking lessons together which means babes and Dad's can swim, while Anne and I enjoy summer refreshments disguised as coffee ;)


We spent the rest of the day at Schwingfest, then over to Lucy's for dinner, music, and fun!

Schwingfest is one of my favorite times of the year, so having it fall on my birthday (as it does every few years) is extra special.

Mike, Mamie, and Papa joined in the fun!


We amused ourselves by putting a small pine cone on Abigail's head and watching her get it  :)

We wrapped up the weekend with a trip to Bainbridge Island on Sunday, spending the afternoon walking around, window shopping, and enjoying an early dinner at Doc's.

The Pub (our favorite Bainbridge establishment) doesn't allow kids, so we settled on Doc's and we're surprisingly pleased; both the Crab Louie and Vegetarian Quinoa were excellent!

For once in my life, I'm hanging out with someone who makes me look tan!




Abigail's new baby-yoga-stroller pose.  People constantly stop us to comment and laugh  :)



So now we're rolling into Kevin's birthday week...  I have a few things in the works and am getting excited to spend the week celebrating him!

So stay tuned, as Birthday Month at the Lauckner's continues....!





Comments

Popular Posts