Mother's Day

Just making my way out of the black hole that has been my week: caring for a sick baby, and a computer that runs like a dinosaur...who knew 5 year old computer = ancient?  Not me.

But I'm back and eager to share pictures from Mother's Day.  As is his way, Kevin went above and beyond to make it a special day for our little family!

Remember last year when I ran everyone ragged with yard projects we established the breakfast in bed tradition?  Well, that was the plan, until someone decided that

1) it was the perfect night for a slumber party!

and

2) she needed to sleep in until 8:30am (she never does!)...


... so change of plans; we ate at the table  :)

Kevin made Eggs Benedict.  Hands down, the best Benny I've ever had, and I've tried many variations!


He also surpised me with two nights at a bed and breakfast in Walla Walla at the end of the month- I can't wait!  We're going to leave Abigail here with my parents, so maybe I'll get that breakfast in bed I'd been hoping for :)

Once breakfast was finished, and her majesty awoke, we headed to Lakota Beach.

I wanted to see the house where my maternal Grandparents lived while I was growing up.  The place where my cousins and I spent Sunday afternoons making memories dreams are made of.

And what better day then Mother's Day!


We parked at the nearest public beach to casually stroll along the waterfront, reminisce about my childhood, and fable Kevin with stories of yore....


Instead, this happened.



The tide was out, but not enough for that leisurely stroll we'd envisioned.

So we spent a precarious hour (at least) sinking in muddy water, carefully ducking under fallen branches, and walking in water up to our shins... until we finally got there.

Bitz was totally unamused

It was strange seeing the house after all this time (it's been almost 20 years!)

This is the house I've played over in my head a million times...  the place where slumber parties ensued after days full of shopping; where I'd roam the beach, carefully collecting sea shells treasures; where we played hide and seek for hours on end (usually ending with Anthony locking us in the cellar)...  It was a magical house full of music, laughter, love, and family... larger than life parties, and enormous Christmas trees.

It was my favorite place in the world, and I'm so happy I got to share it with Kevin and Abigail on Mother's Day.

It was perfect.



But back to reality.  We had to get back to our car, and preferably not by way of beach...

As luck would have it, we ran into some kids smoking pot who showed us a trail right next to the house.

Seriously?

Notice the proximity of the trail to the house?  :)

So we took the road back...



And probably looked to passersby like modern day vagabonds, but it was fun and good for a few laughs.

***

Next we headed to my parent's for an afternoon BBQ!

Abigail loves Uncle Victor.
She thinks he's a large baby.... more than likely cesarean  ;)

Abigail even treated me to a little "hey look, I'm almost crawling" moment




Almost  :)

***

I had such a great first Mother's Day.

Thanks for making it so special, Lovies and Bitz!


Comments

Popular Posts