A 7.7oz Test of Patience


Remember when I mentioned wood letters for the nursery on my post the other day?  This project has been a week in the making, but came to an end Tuesday night in the form of 7.7oz of glorious custom paint.

But let's back up...


Last week I purchased letters for Abigail's nursery to hang on the wall near her crib.  We decided yellow would be the best color, so we started with yellow spray paint.  However, it was just the wrong color, so back it went to Fred Meyer and I headed to Michael's to look at wood paint.  There I found what I thought would be the perfect color and came home with "light yellow" craft paint.

This should work.... and so our project began.





After about on hour of painting, hanging, and sanding we stood back to look at the results.  Sure, it looked nice, but the color was still too yellow.

Marital dilemma: Kevin thinks it looks great.  I hate it.

What's a girl to do?!

So I let them stay this way for a few days.... to soak it in... to get used to it... but it wasn't working.  They needed to be a buttery yellow.

Finally, Tuesday afternoon, I had a solution:  I would take fabric I bought last weekend for nursery pillows and color match it at Lowe's.

So that's exactly what I did.

And guess what the color I found was called?


Like Butter



Meant to be?  I think so!

So I headed home that night a little nervous to show Kevin, but excited about my find.

Did he get mad?  No.  He may have been expecting it....

Of course he didn't offer to help, but that was no biggie.  Within 5 minutes, I painted the fronts of the letters (still hung on the wall), and we went from this:


To this!!


Like night and day.... right?   (here's where you smile and nod... even if you see no difference)  ;)

We sat back that night pleased with the final results, happy with the re-paint decision, and most pleased to be done with this painting fiasco.



So there you have it:  the long winded tale of how our nursery letters came to be, and how we found love and patience in a 7.7oz can of butter colored paint.

The End!


Comments

Popular Posts