Something old, something new....

We've been busy this weekend... and I've been blogging away!  

Our goal was to get the deck stained, but as we all know, weather didn't pan out.  So yesterday morning Kevin decided it was time to start building the fence (yay!).  It was the pre-existing fence behind the deck and the goal was to disassemble, then reassemble in the area between the yard and car port: mission accomplished!

I can't say I did much to help (aside from some unsolicited, and I'm sure unwelcome, opinions), but below is my photojournalistic interpretation of Kevin's weekend.

Kev The Great for the win!

Here's how it all started: a few pieces of fence in need of 4x4 posts and a straight line.


Aaaah, the look of love...  ;)



Farewell trusty party tub....you were arguably the best $6 we ever spent.


What a romantic guy!




A journalistic fail.  I was inside blogging for most of this and neglected my responsibilities.



One man and his bad-ass drill!

And there you have it.  A new fence!  Minus the obvious missing right slat... and a huge pile of dirt.  I think the next step will be planting a lilac bush next to the gate.

That's all for now!

Apparently little Miss Abigail wants to say hi!....she's been kicking up a storm while I type and officially graduated from soccer player to The Karate Kid this weekend!

(...but as I finished typing she stopped kicking...I think I embarrassed her.  And so it begins!)

Have a great week everyone!


Comments

Popular Posts