Meet Penny

Kevin is in Europe for two weeks and while I've got a whole lotta EVERYTHING going on right now, I thought a new kitten might be the perfect addition to the madness..




Backing up a bit, I really blame this whole debacle on Abigail's teacher (I know, passing the buck is so tacky...)

The first grader's had a pet food drive a few weeks and so, naturally, I brought the kids to the pet store to buy some dog and cat food.  Of course no trip to said store is complete without pursuing all animals, so we eventually made our way over to the cats.

Here we discovered not only some awesome adult cats, but THE CUTEST little grey and white kitten (which George wanted to name Wendy. because, duh.)  So we obsessed over Wendy for over a week, bringing the kids in to see her (ahem) every day...  But Kevin and I were leaving for Vegas the next week and I knew it was bad timing (see what a mature decision I made there?)

Fast forward a week, I get home from Vegas and run to the pet store.  Sadly Wendy was gone, but it got the 'ol wheels spinning...

After a week obsessing over kittens on Petfinder and Craigslist, I found an ad for a liter in Kirkland and Abigail and I went to meet them one night.

Abigail was able to choose between two kitties (I narrowed it down) and settled on Penny who was sooo sweet with her - coming up to sit on her lap and purring when Abigail pet her.  Needless to say the sale was in the bag, and after a mere 10 minutes Abigail were back in the car with a new kitten in tow 💕



Adjusting to life with Penny (we finally nailed down the name) has been a lot of fun.  Especially with Kevin out of town, it gives us a playful, sweet distraction.







As suspected, Hattie was not a very big fan initially but is already warming up, and Mabel hasn't met her yet - I'm waiting until Kevin gets home for that introduction, just to be safe (again, mature decisions ABOUND here)

She's the tiniest, cutest little thing and I just know Kevin will love her!  And if he doesn't, Penny can join the Daddy ranks with Hattie and Mabel  ðŸ˜‰

Welcome to the family, Penny!!  The kids and I think you're pretty amazing




Comments

Popular Posts