twenty months

So I missed your 19 month post, but I'm back at last to share what's new since your 18 month birthday.

You're really growing up and becoming a toddler!  Even Abigail reminded me yesterday that once you turn 2, you will no longer be a baby (😱) - it seems so right and fitting, though.

You are starting to talk a lot - so much more than anyone else at this age, and while they are not words others understand, Dad, Abigail, George and I know exactly what you're saying.

Here are some examples:

Meh-moh = Elmo (you're obsessed with Elmo right now and finally like TV!)
DD = GG (George)
Bu-Boh = Mabel
Baba = Grandma and / or Grandpa
Tissy = Sissy (she taught you this and shines with pride each time you say it)
Cah = car
Kai = tree (it's a weird one, but totally legit)

You are such a happy, albeit direct and pushy little guy, and we love you to pieces!

Spending solo time with you in Sun River


Here's what's new:

  • You tell us when your diaper's wet "dada - I have poop poo" is one of your favorite sayings
  • You adore Mabel and Hattie
  • Owwwwwwwwie is what you say to getting your diapers changed or getting an actual owie
  • Go Go Go you yell when we're at a traffic light (wonder where you got that from....GG)
  • You sing Ba Ba Black Sheep and Happy Birthday on cue.  This was especially cute on Gpa's birthday last month.
  • You understand everything asked of you / told to you and respond accordingly 
  • You RELISH in the idea of being told no and deliberately do it anyway
  • You love playing the Elmo game on my phone.  For so long I though you were calling out for me, but it was Meh-mo, not Mama 🙈
  • Biting has been a passing phase these last two months
  • You love PB sandwiches and oranges
  • When you're done eating, you wipe you mouth then wipe off the table in front of you (I've trained you well!)
  • You still LOVE your paci.  I'm not exactly sure when we'll wean you off, but I'm honestly in no rush.
Summer is upon us and I can't wait to spend some fun, unscheduled time with you, George, and Abigail!

Happy 20 months, little guy.


Comments

Popular Posts