fourteen months

Well hello there, little man.  It's been forever since I've blogged about you (life was so busy last month that I gave myself a break and skipped your 13 month post), but I'm back to share everything new about our Benny Boy!

You're walking everywhere these days, and getting into everything.  And, while your sister reigns supreme as the family antagonist, you're quickly securing the spot of family bully (I swear you know EXACTLY how to make George mad and delight in these antics daily).

A smart, aggressive little cookie, you are.

Here's what's new since you turned one:

  • We're slowly transitioning to one nap, which leaves you tired in the afternoon and usually down for the night by 5:45-6pm
  • You weaned last month, which makes you the youngest one to do so, but I'm embracing the autonomy and freedom this allows (I've been pregnant, nursing, or both for almost 6 years, so I was ready too!)
  • You're walking everywhere and trying to run.  You took your first steps a week before Halloween, and now you're off to the races.
  • You get into everything if I don't keep an eye on you.  This includes toilet bowls, the dishwasher, the dryer...it's exhausting
  • You're still wearing 12 month clothes, but any day now I'll be folding those away for 18 month gear.
  • You wave bye, love the cat, say "uh-oh!", love playing the head tilt game while sitting at the table with everyone, and are still eagerly awaiting you chance to join in play with A and G (soon enough, little man)

Today we're leaving for Thanksgiving weekend to spend time with family in Leavenworth.  Gma, Gpa, Mamie, Papa, Uncle Victor, Catherine, Archie, and Uncle Bob will be there to celebrate with us.  It should be a great time!

Happy 14 months, baby boy.  You are loved beyond measure.


Comments

Popular Posts