Kevin's 35th Adventure

Birthday celebrations are still rolling here at the Lauckners, and yesterday we celebrated Kevin!

I told him to take a half day since I had something fun planned.  Then yesterday morning during breakfast we gave him a manila envelope with this certificate inside:



So at noon he came home, my Mom watched B (the big kids were at school), and we headed to Seattle Paragliding at the base of Tiger Mountain.

I was able to hang out for a couple hours to have lunch and chill with the birthday boy (they have a great lawn space, music playing, and cold ones in the fridge), then around 2pm I left to pick up the big kids while Kevin started his training.




The kids and I got back, and within minutes we saw his parachute take flight.  Both A and G were super excited and that excitement lasted a good 10 minutes  ;)  We were waving to his little parachute from 1700 feet below when I got a FaceTime call.

Guess who?



He won Dad of the Year for that call!  Abigail was asking to see his parachute and wanted to look out at the view he saw, and G was just generally intrigued by the whole thing.

After the call ended, Abigail talked incessantly about wanting to paraglide herself (we did see a video of a 4 year old up there...) and G kept saying "Dada!  Come down here NOW!"  (he also had a bit of a meltdown...it was HOT)

Guess who I dared to run up the training hill?  (and he actually DID!)

Baby Girl watching Daddy

About 7 up there

The meltdown.

About an hour later, as we were half paying attention, I suddenly noticed Kevin would be landing soon.  So off we ran to the landing field.  We got there in time to snap a picture, but not soon enough for the kids to be front and center to watch.

Guess we'll have to go again (I'm going next time, too!)

Running to the landing field as fast as we could!

Incoming

Landed!

The kids running up to greet him

After spending some time hanging out and watching his flight video (they recorded the whole thing with a GoPro) we headed home to change and grabbed Zeeks for dinner and TCBY for dessert (this part didn't go as planned - Ben had a huge meltdown and I spent the last 20 minutes of dinner walking him around...) but all in all it was a really fun day spent celebrating my favorite guy!




Happy Birthday, my love!

You are such an important part of our little family and I'm so happy you and I were able to spend some solo time together yesterday.  You are an incredibly understanding and loving husband, and such an amazing father.

I love you so much!



Happy 35th!


Comments

Popular Posts