eleven months

Happy Birthday, baby boy!



Just a mere month (well less at this point) until your first birthday.  I would be lying if I said this year has flown by.  It's been fun, it's been busy, and it's been exciting, but it's been hard.

Life with three is amazing, but I've struggled with a desire for autonomy.  A couple of months ago I wasn't sure if I felt done having kids, but recently something clicked and I'm feeling ready to move on to the next stage: early adolescents / self sufficiency!

So, it looks like you'll probably be keeping your roll as baby of the family :)

You have turned into a skinny, mini toddler this past month, loving to play, go everywhere, and interact with everyone.  You are very sure of what you want, alert as ever, and can light up a room with those bright blue eyes (you smile with your eyes, just like Sissy!)

Here's what's new this month:

  • I finally got top and bottom stairway gates installed
  • You usually crawl with your knees off the floor, awarding you the title of Tarantula Baby
  • You gnaw on the side of board books  :/
  • A bamboo stick (that Dad and I brought home from Maui years ago) keeps you occupied during diaper changes
  • You go to bed at 6:30pm and wake around 6:30-7:30am.  Still taking two naps: 9-11am, and 1-2:30pm
  • You're petite and still wear a lot of 9 month clothes
  • Sissy has started picking you up and teaching you to walk :/
  • You pull up on everything and walk around (assisted) as much as you can; walking by your first birthday is more than likely.
  • Your scream for more food has picked up a few decibels.  It's insanely loud and obnoxious
  • No words yet, but you sure love saying "Ah-Mamamama" when I walk into a room
  • I no longer take your infant seat out of the car, so it's time to transition you to a convertible seat
  • You've started cuddling my shoulder when you're sad, scared, or just want some love, and it's about the cutest thing EVER.

You are such lovable, happy baby - you fit perfectly into our crazy little family.

I love you, Bey!



Comments

Popular Posts