36

The title says it all - I'm over the 30's hill  :/

Again this year, the kids and I took off time from summer camp to spend the week in Leavenworth hanging out and enjoying the sunshine.  And to make it even better, Kevin came up for the night!

The week was getting a bit difficult with the kids, so I text him the night before my birthday, asking if he would come for dinner the following evening.

(Unbeknownst to me, a surprise arrival had been the plan all along!)

I spent the early afternoon at Sleeping Lady's spa for a facial and a couple cocktails, took a joy ride in the Cobra later in the day, then ended the evening with oysters, Rose, and a freshly made meal from The Market, cooked by my very own resident chef / husband (bone in ribeye, the most amazing caprese salad with heirloom tomatoes, and a delicious cheesecake sampling)

It was great.

Baby boy and I hanging out that morning

I asked her not to touch this about a million times.  Even on my birthday, no one listens!


Joyriding down the Icicle

Kevin and the kids had the kitchen all decorated by the time I got back

His first time shucking oysters

Thank you to everyone for all the sweet birthday wishes.  Here's to the second leg of my 30s!

(Gah. Time flies...)



Comments

Popular Posts