Mother's Day 2016

We had a blast celebrating Mother's Day this year!


As per tradition, Kevin surprises me for the day.  I realize the expectations are high and could backfire at any moment (and they have!) but we love putting the FUN in dysfunction!

This year I awoke to breakfast in bed (where I watched Curious George with the big kids) and was cooked my favorite: Eggs Benedict.  After breakfast came the big reveal: an overnight at Suncadia - that night!

We drove up at nap and spent the day drinking, swimming (Benny's first time!), running around the hotel, watching movies, and eating room service pizza for dinner.

It was perfect.

Aside from Kevin's phone getting drenched in water, and mine with a broken camera lens (and thus, fuzzy pictures) I would say it was the best celebration to date (Kevin taking off Monday work, giving me a shorter week was a bonus too)


Road trip!

Waiting while Dad checks in, making faces at the camera
Checking out the digs


An almost crawling Benjamin

Snacks in the lobby

View from our room
Getting ready for his first dip!


G man is ready!


My adorably cautious one
He loved it!
A man took this picture for us after watching us attempt an in-pool selfie  ;)

Speedo!!

Riding back to our room in the trunk

And up with Mommy (breaking ALL the rules)

Bottle service for two (yes, that's an evening mimosa)
Watching Sister Wives with our bookends = winning

Trying her best to pull an all nighter (just look at those adorably blood shot eyes)


I hope you ladies enjoyed your Mother's Day celebrations, too.

Cheers to us!






Comments

Popular Posts