three months

Happy Birthday, Benny Boy

I'm a bit late writing this, but given how busy we've been, I'll consider it a small miracle to be writing this at all!

It's Christmastime, and I love this time of year with a brand new baby.  Sure, it lacks sleep, seasonal motivation, and has me falling behind on overindulging, but it's perfect. My favorite way to celebrate, by far.

This past weekend we hosted Gma's side of the family for a big sit down dinner.  Dad and I farmed off the big kids Friday night, and you came along with us for a big Costco and Freddie's run to get all the food and drink.  Then Saturday morning, you helped out by being super chill and taking a long morning nap.  By the time guests arrived, we were totally prepared.

So thanks for all the help  :)

This month has brought so much change!  You are holding yourself up really well and are increasingly engaging with people around you.

A sucker for a good smile!

Here are your new news this month:

  • You're taking bottles well (and I have found a pumping schedule that works!)  This has brought me tons of autonomy.  (In the past week alone, I've gone out with friends THREE TIMES- yay me!)
  • For the most part, you are on a 90 minute sleep, eat, play cycle during the day
  • A morning nap has become routine; around 8:30-9am for 1-2 hours!
  • You sit up really well while being held on our laps
  • You've become solid enough to let the kids play with you and hold you on their own.  They love it; you're not sold  ;)
  • Still swaddling, still taking pacifiers.  This has made soothing you so easy.
  • Your favorite pacifier is the white with blue cloud MUM paci
  • You get pretty upset if you're too hot (which happens a lot in your car seat bundle)
  • You also get really pissed about winter hats.  You're not a hat guy.
  • You stopped clenching your fists, so the sweaty palms have gone away.
  • You grip really well with both your fingers and toes (a little monkey man!)
  • We got you a play mat, but you prefer lying on the floor watching your sibs.

Christmas is this week and I'm so looking forward to it!  We're going to Leavenworth on Christmas Eve, then over to Lake Chelan for a couple days on the 26th.  Uncle John and Auntie Carolyn will be in town for a Grand Slam - I can't wait for them to meet you!

I love you, baby boy.






Comments

Popular Posts