two months

Man, life is busy with three kids four and under, but I'm loving it so far!

Before you came along my days were more relaxed, but I love the energetic chaos of three; it suits my dysfunctional need to be super busy all the time.

We've had a really great month; celebrating your first Halloween, and spending a bunch of time in Leavenworth- we're back up there this week for Thanksgiving and I can hardly wait.

Every day you're transitioning more from infancy to babyhood, and while I love the early days, I do think I prefer the early months- those first big smiles and coos, rolling over, and finding a rhythm to the day.

I feel like I've gotten to know you so well this past month, and what a sweetheart you are.

Here's what's new:

  • Last week you started going to bed around 7-8pm and waking for the day around 7-8am
  • Between that time, you wake to nurse around 3-4am, then again at 6-7am.  You're a great sleeper!
  • You rolled over last week while up on your elbows and did it again for Dr. Stanos at your 2 month appointment
  • Baby Stats: 23.74" (81%), and 10lbs, 10oz (11%) a tall, skinny guy  :)
  • I've packed away all your newborn clothes and we've moved on to 0-3, quickly becoming 3-6!
  • You LOVE smiling and cooing at us after a big feeding
  • You hate if I talk while nursing (just like Abigail!)
  • Swaddling and a paci are a must at bedtime
  • You nap about every 90 minutes for around 30 minutes to an hour
  • You sleep in a rock and play.  I was pretty sure this qualified me as the worst parent of all time, but Dr. Stanos was totally fine with it.  (yay!)
  • I call your paci a nunni bubba.  I have NO idea where that came from, but it stuck
  • You still love being carried around in the Ergo, but my back hasn't been in agreement for a few weeks now :(

You really are such a sweet and easy baby.  Now that I'm starting to find a rhythm, I have more time to spend with you; laying together on the floor, talking in baby coos, and gazing into your beautiful, big blue eyes.  

You are such a beautiful addition to our little family and I love you so much.

Happy 2 months, little guy.

Benny photo shoot!

Baby pouts

Meeting your friend Chloe Craig

Watching cartoons with your brother and sister

Riding in sissy's stroller

QT with Dad


Comments

Popular Posts