Two Cool!

WAY back in January, when we found out we were pregnant (and realized our due date!), I started planning George's birthday party.

True story!

Little did I think I'd end up with boys a day apart, but alas, The Universe wanted to keep me on my toes  ;)

So back in the wee months of the year, I decided I would plan George's party a few weeks after the actual date; to factor in going over my due date (which I always have) and a few days to rest and recover before jumping into party mode (which worked out perfectly).

We invited The Bubbleman to the party and George was over the moon!  He was front and center from the very beginning to the bitter end - requesting an encore even as The Bubbleman tried to pack up  :)

And his cake!  Apparently George's love of sheet cake (and keeping it to himself!) run deeps.  Per Auntie's suggestion, we'll be doing cupcakes next year.  George was NOT interested in sharing "his" 1/4 sheet cake.  Not. One. Bit.

;)

Thanks to everyone who stayed late to clean up (while I relaxed in the family room, nursing a newborn and visiting with good friends- maybe babies are the key to getting loads of party help!) and those who brought side dishes and treats.

The day was great and I know George had an amazing time!

Here are pictures from the day:

G woke up from nap to a party already started, but his warm up was quick and after an outfit change and some hair gel, he was ready to par-tay  :)

Abigail offering her guest Danielle a choice of water or juice.  That evening, while putting Abigail to bed, I asked her what her favorite part of the day was "Getting juice for my friend"  :)  What a great hostess in the making!  Ha!

With two Great Uncles and a "great" Gpa  :)

Abigail showed Danielle all around the house, even swinging her by for an introduction to "my baby"

Gathering for The Bubbleman

George didn't hesitate to get right up in the action!

Abigail thought The Bubbleman was hilarious!
Apparently Papa did, too  ;)

The umbrella act (and the part where he hits himself on the head) is both George and Abigail's favorite part of the whole act!

Bubble time!


Abigail gets in on the action!

That DIMPLE!  I die.

Buds!

Mamie and the Birthday Boy!

A Lauckner birthday party isn't complete without the bounce house


George's choo-choo cake

Adorably excited  :)



Mark and Brennan

George decided the cake was all his.  It was hard to cut the cake without him yelling at us, so once we were done dishing everyone, we let him have the rest  :)  Even so, he was NOT going to share with Sissy!





Kevin's second time this year as gift opening referee ;)

We had such a fun day celebrating our little man and getting the chance to visit with many close family and friends!

Happy 2nd birthday, George.

We love you more than you love choo-choos....if you can believe it!








Comments

Popular Posts