one month

Wow!

To say this month has flown by would be an understatement.  Life is moving so fast these days, and half the time I have to remind myself I'm no longer pregnant, let alone the Mom of a one month old!

It has been an interesting month.  Finding my groove has been hard, but I just started spending my days alone with the 3 (Kevin, Mamie, and my Mom have been helping a ton), so in all fairness, I haven't had much time to learn the ropes on my own- but it's coming along.  I'm not sure 3 is harder than 2, but George has been having a really hard time adjusting, so trying to cater to his needs (which is a priority!) while figuring out everything else has left me exhausted most days.

But on the bright side, things have been wonderful and pretty easy with little Benjamin!

Sleeping:
We go to bed at 9pm.  Sometimes he sleeps until 2am, other times he's up at 11pm.  Either way, after that first feeding, it's every two hours.  Every night.  But on the nights when I get the 9pm-2am stretch, I feel like I could take on the world!  We are still sleeping him in the rock and play and using the rocking device through the night (terrible I know), but I'm hoping to transition him to the co-sleeper soon; most likely on his tummy.  Both George and Abigail enjoyed tummy sleeping, and given how well he sleeps at night on our chest, I think Benjamin will be just like his siblings.

Eating:
Benjamin is a hungry guy.  I have always fed on demand, so I'm not sure how often he eats during the day (usually never more than 2 hours between feedings), but he took to nursing really easily, so that's been nice.  And this boyish appetite shows in his weight!  6lbs, 13oz at birth, 6lbs, 14oz at his 4 day appointment, 7lbs, 12oz at his 2 week appointment, then 8lbs, 12oz A WEEK later at his circumcision.  Failure to thrive has not been an issue around here!

Social:
As I'm sure is the case with most #3s, Benjamin is super chill and easy to take out in public.  He doesn't mind the noise of restaurants or busy stores, but he's not a fan of riding in a grocery cart while in his car seat.  (Sorry buddy, but you'll have to get used to that one!)  He's always very alert when awake, loves tracking a face to sound, and especially loves seeking out Abigail's voice.  Those two love hanging out.

Physical:
As I mentioned, he's growing like a weed, and I'm pretty sure I'll be retiring newborn clothing in these next few weeks.  3 month clothes are still a tad big on him, but it's only a matter of time.    Where looks are concerned, we often hear people say how much he looks like George, but both Kevin and I agree that he reminds us much more of Abigail as a babe (both in looks and temperament) than George, but he's definitely a mix of both.

This coming month is sure to be a lot of fun!

We're heading up to Leavenworth the next two weekends, then will be over at Mamie and Papa's for Halloween (all three kids are dressing up as Minions!) so there should be a lot to talk about next month  :)

Happy one month, Baby Boy!

Here are some cute pics from your first month here on planet Earth :)













Comments

Popular Posts