Skip to main content

Turning 4 in Fairyland!

Wow was it a busy weekend!

Loading up the calendar with just a bit over a month left in my pregnancy probably isn't the best idea, but there has been so much celebrating to do- who has time to rest?!

One of my best friends got married Friday, then we turned around Sunday to throw a big birthday party for Miss Abigail who is turning 4 on Thursday.

But a weekend spent celebrating the people you treasure most in life is the best way spend your time (and having a Mom who comes over to let you take two full naps on Monday helps too!)

Abigail was insistent on two things this year for her party: a chocolate cake, and a Tinkerbell theme.

That I can do!

I grabbed some costumes, stars, toadstools, butterflies, and fairy wands and was set.  I think even Kevin might agree that this was one of the least high-maintenance parties to date  :)

For the first time this year Abigail made her own invite list (which started with every baby and dog she knew), and while not everyone was able to make it, having friends Abbey, Lauren, Emily, Danielle, Baby Emily, her cousins Oscar, Charlie, and Sage, and of course George made for the perfect afternoon.

They were a handful of little party animals who just LOVED the bouncy house!




































It's funny.  I always end a party thinking I didn't take enough pictures, then I look back and have a ton!

Thursday morning my little girl will be 4.  I am so proud of her and can't wait to celebrate birthday circle at school, and a fun dinner with family.  Let the celebrations continue!

I love you, Bitsy Girl!

           

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Wenatchee

Happy Birthday, Kevin! We spent an awesome 4 days on Lake Wenatchee this past weekend; relaxing by the lake, (attempting) to fish, playing in the water, and enjoying quality time together as a family.  Our parents joined us on Saturday afternoon to celebrate Kevin's birthday; a wonderful day full of family, food, and the great outdoors. Weekend highlights include Fish Lake on Friday (Abigail and i will not be invited back for the next fishing adventure...we may have mangled the line more than once), a trip into Leavenworth for pizza and dancing at the gazebo, a steak feast for Kevin's birthday, and relaxing by the bonfire that evening. Here are some pictures of our trip. Friday at Fish Lake "helping" Dad with his tackle While Kevin fished, Abigail and I fed Parmesan garlic pita chips to the ducks. At one point, we had a crowd of 10! Ladies of leisure on the lake  :) This sums up our fishing experience... Thursday evening f...

20 week ultrasound

Yesterday Kevin and I went to our 20 week ultrasound.  Everything looked great and the two questions still lingering in my mind were confirmed. 1) Yes, it's a boy! 2) Nope, I'm not having twins  :) I've heard it a million times: with each pregnancy you pop a little sooner, but when I was in maternity pants at 12 weeks, I thought surely there must be two in there... Here are some pictures, if you'd like to see. During George's 20 week ultrasound Kevin admitted he'd almost fallen asleep, so I will admit: I had a hard time staying awake this time  :) But we did get to see him in 4D ultrasound which we've never done before, so that was really cool. So fun! After our appointment we went to breakfast at Salish Lodge and took my first Month of Bumps picture. (cue shrills of excitement from everyone eager to see belly pics for the next 4 months!) Before taking the picture I (lovingly) assured Kevin that yes, we would be taking...

Minnie

I knew this would be a hard post to write, so I've been putting it off. On Monday morning, we said goodbye to Minnie. After months of weight loss I brought her into the vet early this week.    I had been noticing the weight loss, but it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I started to see how skinny and malnourished she was getting. The vet determined she was suffering from late-stage hyperthyroidism and her kidneys were shutting down.  It was a painful assessment; why I didn't notice it earlier and help her?  That thought still haunts me. But at 11am on Monday morning, through a mountain of tears, regret, and sorrow, I bid farewell to the most loyal friend I've ever known. Minnie,  You were the first piece to my "own" family.  I remember vividly the day I got you.  It was my 21st birthday and Rebecca and Steph came over bearing a gift (more specifically, a brown grocery bag).  I opened it and looked inside; there you were,...