All Aboard!

A week ago today, my little girl was filled to the brim with anticipation.  We were leaving for Leavenworth the next day, and she and Kevin would be going by train!

As we sat eating lunch that day Abigail informed me (for the hundredth time) that "me and Dada are going on a choo-choo!"

And would then proceed to casually ask, "So!  What chu going to do, Mama?"

If it wasn't for her being so adorably excited about the whole thing, I would have sensed an air of superiority to her questioning ;)

Finally Friday came and I dropped off the ever excited Kevin and Abigail for their adventure East!  Abigail packed her backpack with all the essentials: snacks, Dolly, toys, and drawing supplies.

And while George and I drove over, I received adorable pictures from their adventure.

She melts me  :)











Meanwhile, I partied with this guy...




I may or may not have stocked up on gas station food to keep him occupied on a 2 hour solo trip  :)

(I will take my Mom of the Year trophy in gold, please)

George and I got to the house around 6:30 and the adventure seekers got in at 8pm, so my Dad and I met them at the train station where I was greeted by a tired but proud little girl.



She had made friends with a 6 year old named Ella and played with her for the last couple hours of the trip.  She loved telling Grandpa and I all about her new friend and eating in the dining cart.

Clearly the highlights!

I'm so glad they had fun, but next time I wanna join  :)



Comments

Popular Posts