Pumpkin Patch Field Trip

Today I joined Abigail and her friends at Jubilee Farms for a day at the pumpkin patch!

This was my first time as a chaperon, and I have to say, while I had a lot of fun hanging out with the kids and other Moms, I didn't feel like one of those old Moms I remember from my field trips.

A matter of perception, I suppose  :)

Riding behind the tractor, finding the perfect pumpkin (Abigail found a green one with a really cool stem), and running around the hay maze was a blast.

Arriving at the patch

Walking with Ms Cindi and friends




This is the pumpkin she chose; of all the ones in the patch  :)




Post tumble, covered in mud  :)







Abigail and Alexander

I was sure Abigail would love having me there (again, an unfortunate matter of perception..) but she was very independent.

I got a few "No, Mama, stop" in an annoyed tone, and an obvious preference to hold her friends hand over mine.

Is my sweet girl already at this stage?  I'm not sure my heart is ready.

But the day ended sweetly with huge smiles and waves as she rode back to school with her friends.

(It's happening...isn't it?)


With time to spare, I took the scenic route back (which is only 10 minutes from home!), and it was gorgeous.

I realized something today: I've been so busy mourning city living that I've failed to see the beauty surrounding me here.

With room to breathe, and space to think, my heart is changing.

And in the wise words of Miss Orphan Annie:  I think I'm gonna like it here!







Comments

Popular Posts