As my early 30s come to a close...

(now there's a depressing thought!)

Monday I turned 34 and was grateful to spend the day on the lake with Kevin.  Since selling the boat last summer, we haven't spent time on the water, so a surprise boating trip was a wonderful treat.

(aside from hitting the dock while the owner sat watching...)

We had lunch at Chandler's where I used my birthday as an excuse to eat a nauseating amount of fresh oysters, then out to Meydenbauer Bay to spend an afternoon floating the lake and drinking copious amounts of beer. 

Our happy place  :)

I was told we'd be meeting my parents and the kids for dinner in Kirkland, but was beyond thrilled to see so many close friends when I arrived at the table.

(for so long I've told Kevin about wanting a surprise party, and this year he really pulled it off!)

As a Mom of two littles, and mid-thirty year old adult (this is going to take some getting used to), it's not often you feel the child-like sense of magic on your birthday, so thank you to each of you who made this old lady feel so special.

Much love to you all.

And here's to 34!


Comments

Popular Posts