Our New Ride!

Long, long ago I promised myself I would never drive a minivan.

I would get the "Mom-cut", I would stay home to raise my kids, and I'd probably do millions of things that embarrass them along the way, but I would never get a minivan.

...and so far I've succeeded.

A few weeks ago the Mercedes had it's last go, so we've been on the search for a new car.

The proverbial wheels began spinning and the 18 year old in me had so many great ideas: an A6 wagon, Porshe Cayenne, Tahoe... do they make an M5 wagon?!  But in the end, we decided on a Chevy Traverse (my first American ride!) and I couldn't be happier!

It seats 8 (does this mean I can have 4 more kids?!), has third row seating, and seat warmers.


We picked it up Friday night and celebrated with a steak dinner.  Kevin's Papa had a great tradition: after buying a new car, he would go out for a steak dinner.  So we carried on the tradition at an Outback Steakhouse across from the dealership.

Pretty fancy  ;)

And boy do I feel like a Mom now with my big, new ride.

But the 18 year old in me is still alive and well; buying car accessories like it's going out of style  :)



Comments

Popular Posts