First Foods with George

Our little man is moving into the wonderful world of solids!


A few weeks ago I started noticing the signs (sitting up well, making chewing motions, boredom with nursing, and an interest in what we were eating), so I figured he was ready.

We started (last week) with bananas.  He made a few typically strange baby faces after taking his first bite, but once the flavor hit his little taste buds, he was all in!

We stuck with bananas the first 4 days, then moved on to sweet potatoes (equally ecstatic)

And I have a little helper -- Abigail LOVES feeding George.

Supervising has been required, however  ;)

One for you...

One for me!



In the midst of introducing solids, I'm on an elimination diet (George had some severely dry skin this winter, and I believe dairy may be the culprit), so we're sticking with sweet potatoes and bananas until I can figure out what's causing the skin irritation.

Once that's figured out, we're on to carrots, peas, and squash -- oh my!





Comments

Popular Posts